Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Also commonly known as Settlement
This is usually the penultimate application to obtaining British Citizenship. You are likely to have completed either a 5 year or 10 year route to settlement. You will need to continue to demonstrate that you still meet all of the requirements of your visa category.
You must apply before your visa expires.
- Make sure you pass your Life in the UK test well in advance of your visa expiry date. There is no expiry date from when you pass.
- In addition to the Life in the UK test you also need to demonstrate a level of English Language at a minimum of level B1. These certificates are normally valid for 2 years.
IJN Law will;
- Explain what kind of documents you need to submit to best support your application.
- Provide legal advice whenever you need it.
- Complete the ILR application on your behalf if you wish.
- Review the documents you are planning on submitting.
- Ensure your application is submitted on time to preserve your legal status whilst your application is being processed by UK Visas and Immigration.