Further Leave to Remain/Extensions

If you are in the UK on a visa valid for more than six months then it is likely you will need to apply for your visa extension before the expiry of your current visa, also known as further leave to remain, should you wish to continue to reside in the UK.

Finding the correct information online can be a minefield when you don’t know where to start.  Often limited information is provided without clarification on the complex visa rules and requirements.

IJN Law can help with all types of visa extension applications.  This includes those applying for extensions under the 5 and 10-year routes to settlement. We can also assist with all types of extension applications whereby you are switching from one visa category to another.

Top Tip:

  • Make sure you complete the correct online application form. There are many options to select from and choosing the wrong option will result in you applying for the wrong visa. If you are not sure consult with one of our experts for a free consultation.
  • Apply Early
    We always recommend contacting us early so we can start advising and preparing for your application in good time.
  • Check what documents you need 
    IJN Law can tailor make a supporting documents checklist based on your circumstances.  Tick off what you have and take your time.  It’s important not to rush and give yourself the best possible chance of success. Make sure all the information is correct.
IJN Law will:
  • Explain what kind of documents you need to submit to best support your application.
  • Provide legal advice whenever you need it.
  • Complete the online application on your behalf.
  • Review the documents you are planning on submitting.
  • Ensure your application is submitted on time to preserve your legal status whilst your application is being processed by UK Visas and Immigration.